Brandon & Jenna

Monday, October 17, 2011

Operation: Fort Reid


      Last Saturday night started off just like any other. Work, chores, BYU football game. However, this weeks game was much earlier and so for the first time in over a month we found ourselves with a free Saturday night. Great, now what were we supposed to do?
  Brandon suggests all of our usual (if somewhat boring) weekend activities. Food, movie, ice cream. BORING. I wanted to do something new, something different. Of course I was no help coming up with options for us to do and after a few failed suggestions I'm sure Brandon was feeling a little put out. Then somewhat flippantly he said "well we could always build a fort"
BRILLIANT! The my inner child got the better of me (which is an often occurrence), and I was hooked on the idea. I casually mentioned to Brandon that I had never made a fort before which made our Saturday night plans very clear. We were going to build a fort!!!
 First, though we had to run to Sonic to obtain some much needed junk food. According to Brandon junk food is a mandatory aspect of fort life, and who was I to disagree if it meant I would get mozzarella sticks and a shlusshie?
   When we got home we went straight to work. We decided that the best place for our fort would be in our spare bedroom, and so with the help of our extra bed sheets, a couple of blankets and the 'fort master' as Brandon called himself, we went to work. I mostly just watched and followed directions because I'm not exactly the most graceful person on the plane, and let Brandon work his magic.
  When it was all done our office was transformed. We settled in for an evening of sweets, junk food, and of course The Office.  What a great night.
Phase one.
                                      
                                              


It's starting to come together!
                                                  
I even helped!
                                           
The final Product.
                                              
Brandon demonstrating how to use the 'door'.
 
Snacks and entertainment.

Sonic mozzarella sticks and watermelon slush.= Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment