Brandon & Jenna

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Families are Forever

Family is one of the greatest blessings our Father in Heaven has given us. They are there for us in our best moments and in our worst.
 Sometimes I wonder why things happen the way that they do. Like most people I tend to like to have my life go the way that I plan, which is not always the same as what our Father in Heaven has planned. I know that Heavenly Father can see the whole picture while I can only see but a glimpse and I do have a testimony that families can be together forever, however I still find myself asking 'why'?
           Why do bad things happen to good people? Why does is seem that no matter what we do, the world continues to get worse and worse? and WHY do sweet innocent little children have to suffer? Why are they taken from this life before they have really had a chance to experience it?  How can everything be fine one minute and the next a perfect little family is changed forever?
             This are the questions that keep popping into my head. The pain I am feeling cannot even hold a candle to that which others are experiencing all around the world and even in my own family. But even as these questions appear another, much more predominate questions enters my mind: How can people experience the pain of this life without the hope and expectation of what is to follow in the next? How can the world function without the belief of life after death? or eternal families? How can people experience all the pain of this life is they think that this life it is, our one chance and then everything ceases to exists after we die?
              I am so incredibly grateful to know that this life is not the end. That there is still so much more ahead of us. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness and that through Temple covenants families can be together forever, and for the blessings of the gospel and the knowledge that are families do not end after this life, that we can all be together again. This life is full of pain and adversity but somehow if we stay strong and keep the covenants that we have made we will be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment