Brandon & Jenna

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Lives During the Past Few Months....

Ok, I do realize that it has been forever and a day since I have posted ( in my defense I did warn you ), so I thought I would take a minute and catch up on what has been going on in our lives.

  For Thanksgiving we took a trip out to Colorado Springs to Brandon's sister Jamie's house, where the rest of his family joined us. It was a very nice trip and gave me a chance to get to know Brandon's family a little better, since we had only really spent time together a week or two before the wedding (though I will admit that it was weird not spending a major holiday with my parents and cousins). It was a nice break from all of the craziness that college life brings, and very relaxing.

Us and Our loot!
   Our First Christmas break was a little crazy to say the least.  My aunt Kina who had had cancer for several years passed away right before Christmas and my Grandpa Wright hadn't been doing very well either. My dear sweet parents drove up to Utah to spend a few days with my Grandparents and then we all went down to California for the funeral only to turn around and go back to Provo to spend Christmas with my mom's family (which they do every other year) and then (because my parents are saints and I needed to be get out of Provo) we all drove back to California a day or so after Christmas where we spent the remainder of our break. My mother was so amazing the entire time we were down, letting us be bums and do nothing except watch 'Heroes' and be lazy. We did make it out to San Diego for a day and went to the zoo which was soo much fun! Overall another great break, preparing me for the most insane semester of my life!


I got Brandon tickets to go see The Thunder play for his birthday
    Ok, now on to the real reason I haven't posted anything in so long. When winter semester hit I decided that I was going to take 20 units! (For those of you who don't know 18 units in the maximum amount of credits a student is usually allowed to take any given semester at BYU, anymore and you have to receive special permission. I had only ever taken up to 16 units in a semester before). Needless to say I was in over my head. It was the hardest, most frustrating, most mentally and physically draining semester of my entire life. Brandon was my rock the entire time though. Boy did I feel bad for that boy! I'm sure he listened to my angry rants, and witnessed more emotionally breakdowns than he had ever before and was probably wondering what he had gotten himself into. But through the entire time he was my rock and I couldn't have done it without him.  Which is not to say we didn't have some fun moments, but it general it was a very stressful time at the Reid house. Overall I was fairly satisfied with my ending GPA of 3.89.
Brandon and I at the Festival of Colors in March 2012


        One REALLY good thing did come out of that semester though. I applied (and got) for an internship position for next year!! This means that instead of student teaching in the fall I will have MY OWN classroom! That's right ladies and gentleman someone thought it was a good idea to put Me in charge!! Wahaha.... I am going to be teaching Second Grade at Canyon Elementary School in Spanish Fork ! 



So that is what has been going on with the Reid family these past few months. I am still in school (until the middle of June) and Brandon is taking a graduate level course and working full time. I will try to be better but I make not promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment