Brandon & Jenna

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our First Date - (how things really happened ;)

As I previously mentioned it was getting close to Thanksgiving break when Brandon finally asked me out for our first date . However I still wasn't completely sure how I felt about him (to me he was still the weird guy who tried to scare me). I did believe that every boy deserves a chance and so I agreed to go out with him.

 Like he mentioned he first asked me out to Color Me Mine but later mentioned that there was a BYU basketball game that same night if I wanted to go to that. I secretly wanted to go to the basketball game for a couple of reasons 1. I love basketball or any BYU sports for that matter, so I knew I would be more comfortable there. 2. There's not a lot of small talk that goes on at a basketball game which made me a lot less nervous because I've never been very good at chit chat with people that I don't know. 3. Probably the biggest reason I wanted to go to the game was that I had my own BYU all-sports pass so I wouldn't be making this guy (that I wasn't sure I was interested in) spend lots of money on me.

Brandon picked me up at my apartment and we walked over to the game, we were going off the stairs to the Tanner building when I slipped on a patch of ice, and being as graceful as I am, fell flat on my face! I was totally embarrassed but I thought I was cool and played it off (apparently I was so wrong on that). Anyway when we got to the Marriott Center the first thing I see are these two guys call Brandon's name and slide down the railing. *For the record Brandon DID NOT tell me that his friends were going to be there.

When I realized that we were going to be hanging out with his friends all night my heart sank (I had had bad experiences in the past where a guy took me to a basketball game with his friends and ignored me the entire night). However I soon realized that this was going to be a much better experience. The whole game Brandon would talk to me about different players, their stats, etc, which I thought was really sweet of him. (I learned later that this had more to do with his obsession with basketball rather than being a gentleman, but whatever works right?).

After the game it started snowing and Brandon invited me back to his apartment for some hot chocolate. Normally this is the part of the date where I get all awkward and self-conscious. But it was different with Brandon, the conversation just seemed to flow and I didn't feel any need to try to impress him and could just be me. As weird as it seems I think that it was so much better that I didn't 'like like' him just yet, because I  figured if this guy didn't like me for me then who cared? I mean it was just a date right? Little did I know that it would be my last 'first date' ever. :)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading these posts.....so funny to see the difference between a boy & girl's perspective on things

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at writing your memories/experiences. I loved that last sentence :)

    ReplyDelete