Brandon & Jenna

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

       Where has the time gone? I can't believe since it's been an entire year since we keeled across the alter and were sealed together for time and all eternity! This has truly been the greatest year of my entire life! I love waking up each day and knowing that I get to be with my best friend, someone who has seen me not only at my best but at my worst as well and still loves me. Someone who I can joke with, laugh with, and be a complete dork around! It's wonderful!



   Brandon planned a romantic weekend to celebrate our first anniversary as husband and wife. ( I swear I had no part in any of the planning so all the credit should be given to my amazing hubby!!) Since our anniversary was on a Sunday this year we did most of our celebrating on Saturday.
 
   Saturday morning Brandon told me to put on some comfy cloths and to hop in the car where he drove us up to Neffs Canyon in Sandy and we went on a beautiful morning hike. Afterwards we came home rested for a couple of hours and got showered we got all dressed up and went out to dinner at Oliver Garden (which is my favorite restaurant) After dinner Brandon got back on the freeway and headed north again. I had no idea where he was taking us but decided that it was best to just go along for the ride.  :)

  He pulled up to this really cute bed and breakfast called Castle Creek Inn which looks just like a castle.( I always felt like Brandon treated me like a princess but this time I really felt like royalty). We stayed in the Canterbury Suit which was decorated in an old English style and Brandon had made special arrangements to have the room extra romantic (i.g. rose petals everywhere, and sparkling cider in our room). It was really a great place!

   Sunday we broke out our top layer of wedding cake that had been waiting patiently in our freezer for the past year and celebrated together by sharing a piece( which was so much better a year ago) and talking about our wedding and our lives since. 

Before the hike.






At the top.

Look at that view!



Beautiful

My sexy hubby

our room






The Canterbury Suite

My Knight in Shinning Armor 

The grounds around the inn





My castle!


This is what happens when you put a cake in the freezer for a year and it gets pushed around.
Brandon cutting the cake

No comments:

Post a Comment