Brandon & Jenna

Friday, August 10, 2012

Our First Date

I asked Jenna out on a date for the first time in November 2010.  I still didn't know her very well yet, so I didn't know what to plan for our date.  I gave her the option of going to a BYU basketball game or going to Color Me Mine.  She said that either one sounded good, so I flipped a coin and it ended up being Color Me Mine.  However, she called later and asked if we could go to the basketball game instead.  I told her we would meet up with some of my friends when we got to the game.

We walked to the Marriott Center and on the way Jenna tripped on a step and almost fell on her face.  I could tell she was really embarrassed, but I didn't really care that she tripped.  When we arrived at the Marriott Center my friends were waiting at the stairs in front.  Unfortunately they had the bright idea to slide down the rails.  I felt really stupid because my friends looked like dorks and what does that say about me if they're my friends?

In the end, the basketball game was a much better choice.  We were both more comfortable there than we would have been at an artsy place.  Also, this was during Jimmer Mania and any BYU student that knew anything about basketball was in love with Jimmer.  She had a good time at the game, probably because Jimmer was so awesome, but I think she mistakenly thought it also had something to do with me.  We both had fun on our first date and we were open to going on a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment